Neal M. Ashkanasy is Professor of Management in the UQ Business School at the University of Queensland, where he received his PhD in social/organizational psychology. His research is in leadership, organizational culture, ethics, and emotions in organizations. He has published in the Academy of Management Journal, the Academy of Management Journal, the Academy of Management Review, the Journal of Organizational Behavior, The Leadership Quarterly, the Journal of Applied Psychology, and the Journal of Management. He serves on several editorial boards including the Journal of Applied Psychology and the Journal of Management, and is Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Organizational Behavior, Associate Editor of the Academy of Management Review and Emotion Review, and Series Co-Editor of Research on Emotion in Organizations. Prof. Ashkanasy is a Fellow of the Academy for the Social Sciences in the UK (AcSS) and Australia (ASSA); the Association for Psychological Science (APS); the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP); and the Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM), where he also served as President.
- Applied Social Psychology
- Causal Attribution
- Emotion, Mood, Affect
- Ethics and Morality
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Motivation, Goal Setting
- Organizational Behavior
- Social Cognition
- Zerbe, W. J., Ashkanasy, N. M., & Härtel, C. E. J. (Eds.). (2006). Research on emotion in organizations, Volume 2: Displaying and managing emotions in organizations. Oxford, UK: Elsevier/JAI Press.
- Ashkanasy, N. M., Zerbe, W. J., & Härtel, C. E. J. (Eds.). (2005). Research on emotion in organizations, Volume 1: Affect and its effects in organizational settings. Oxford, UK: Elsevier/JAI Press.
- Härtel, C. E. J., Zerbe, W. J., & Ashkanasy, N. M. (Eds.). (2005). Emotions in organizational behavior. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Ashkanasy, N. M., Zerbe, W. J., & Härtel, C. E. J. (Eds.). (2002). Managing emotions in the work place. Armonk, NY: M. E. Sharpe.
- Ashkanasy, N. M., Wilderom, C. P. M, & Peterson, M. F. (Eds.). (2000). The handbook of organizational culture and climate. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publishing.
- Ashkanasy, N. M., Härtel, C. E. J., & Zerbe, W. J. (Eds.). (2000). Emotions in the work place: Theory, research, and practice. Westport, CT: Quorum Books.
- Kasper-Fuehrer, E. C., & Ashkanasy, N. M. (2004). The interorganizational virtual organization: Defining a Weberian ideal. International Studies of Management and Organization, 33(4), 34-64.
- To, M. L., Fisher, C. D., Ashkanasy, N. M., & Rowe, P. A. (2012). Within-person relationships between mood and creativity. Journal of Applied Psychology, 97, 519-612.
- Ashkanasy, N. M., & Humphrey, R. H. (2011). Current research on emotion in organizations. Emotion Review, 3, 214-224.
- Chattopadhyay, P., Finn, C. P., & Ashkanasy, N. M. (2010). Affective responses to professional dissimilarity: a matter of status. Academy of Management Journal, 53, 808-826.
- Dasborough, M. T., Ashkanasy, N. M., Tee, E. E. J., & Tse, H. H. M. (2009). What goes around comes around: How meso-level negative emotional contagion can ultimately determine organizational attitudes toward leaders. The Leadership Quarterly, 20, 571-585.
- Greenberg, J., Ashton-James, C. E., & Ashkanasy, N. M. (2007). Social comparison processes in organizations. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 102, 22-41.
- Daus, C. S., & Ashkanasy, N. M. (2005). The case for an ability-based model of emotional intelligence in organizational behavior. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 26, 453-466.
- Ashkanasy, N. M., & Daus, C. S. (2005). Rumors of the death of emotional intelligence in organizational behavior are vastly exaggerated. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 26, 441-452.
- Ashkanasy, N. M. (2004). Emotion and performance. Human Performance, 17, 137-144.
- Ashkanasy, N. M., Härtel, C. E. J, & Daus, C. S. (2002). Diversity and emotion: The new frontiers in organizational behavior research. Journal of Management, 28, 307-338.
- Ashkanasy, N. M., & Ashton-James, C. E. (2006). Positive emotion in organizations: A multi-level framework. In C. L. Cooper & D. Nelson (Eds.), Positive organizational behavior: Accenting the positive at work (pp. 57-73). Chichester, UK: John Wiley and Sons.
- Organizational Behavior and Management
- Organizational Research Paradigms
Neal M. Ashkanasy
UQ Business School
Colin Clark Building (#39)
The University of Queensland
- Phone: +617 3346-8006
- Skype Name: nealash